Since 2006 CocoaTown ECGC-65 series commercial chocolate grinder has been the number one choice for award winning craft chocolate makers from around the world. It was the first commercial grinder specifically made for grinding cocoa nibs to chocolate. enabling new comers to Bean to Bar trend to scale up their production and grow their business. These chocolate grinders have been industry workhorses and many of our customers are still using their original machines purchased decade ago.
We constantly make improvements as we learn from our customers. All improvements are backward compatible, means you will be able to upgrade your machines with new improvements even after years of your original purchase. We maintain spare parts in inventory to minimize your downtime.We can make custom modifications if you have special requirements.
The design of CocoaTown ECGC-65 series chocolate grinders are extremely simple. It helps overseas customers to perform routine services easily. An entry level automobile mechanic can perform routine maintenance and repairs as needed. We provide best customer service through telephone, video, Skype and other online methods. Our tension monitoring system helps to maintain comparable performance between multiple batches.
We have a wide variety of accessories such as conching attachment, stone lifting mechanism to make your chocolate making easy.
Under normal conditions the processing time is 4 weeks. If you need urgently, please contact us and we will expedite your order.
To get a shipping quote, complete the online Quote Request Form
We ship to countries around the world that are permitted by the US government. To estimate duties & taxes click here.
Introducing the CocoaTown ECGC-65E Chocolate Grinder
ECGC-65E Chocolate grinder is the latest model chocolate grinder designed to grind cocoa nibs into chocolate liquor or nuts into nut butters with the feedback from award winning chocolatemakers around the world. ECGC-65E has unique features to last longer and grind efficiently.
The ECGC-65E can grind up to 65 lbs (30 kgs) of cocoa nibs and produce up to 100lbs (45 kgs) of finished product per batch. Two granite roller stones rotate on a bottom granite stone to grind the nibs the way European melangers did. Slow grinding the nibs preserves the nutritional value of the ingredients.
ECGC-65E chocolate grinder is constructed with high quality stainless steel for easy care and maintenance. Food contact materials are fabricated with 304 grade stainless steel. The machine can be easily tilted to drain the product from the grinding vessel and to clean the drum after use.
- Can grind 65 lbs (30 kgs) of nibs to yield upto 100 lbs (45 kgs) of chocolate liquor per batch. Available in 220V single phase or three phase options.
- Stone on stone grinding results in 15 micron size chocolate liquor
- Tension gauge for consistent grinding from batch to batch
- Quiet in operation
- Easy cleaning and pouring of chocolate liquor
- Can also grind 50 lbs (23 kgs) of nut pieces into nut butters
- Control panel with single phase or three phase 220V input
- Track usage of machine time for scheduling maintenance
- Less than 9 sq. ft. (0.836 sq. m.) footprint
- US$10500 + S&H including basic control panel – U/L certified components in industry standard, powder coated steel cabinet
- US$12000 + S&H including U/L certified components in U/L certified Stainless steel cabinet
US bought motor:
U/L listed motor and upgrade all other electrical components to U/L or CE listed parts.
Pressure gauge is mounted on the lock arm and constantly measures the pressure on the grinding stone. The pressure on the stones can be adjusted and continuously monitored so that the stones exert same pressure from batch to batch. Also the pressure can be released when adding the nibs or during the conching.
Stainless steel wipers (SS wipers) included.
Stainless steel lid is included.
Best belts in the market. Long lasting. No stretching. No smell.
Improvements made for chocolate grinding:
1. Motor mounting plate –easy to adjust the belt tension
2. Pressure gauge – consistent grinding for all batches
3. Upgraded gear box –longer life
4. US bought, high quality motor –continuous operation
5. Wider drum – better grinding and conching
6. Single piece, solid roller holder – easy to clean and maintain
7. Tension spring on lock arm - isolated from food contact area
8. High quality stainless steel components –Hygiene
9. Shorter machine height – easy to load the contents into the drum
10. Multipurpose equipment –for nut butters, coconut butter, coconut milk, nut milks, tahini, & more
- Delrin Inserts
- Delrin Spacers
- Roller Stones
- SS Wipers
- Roller Holder
- SS Drum
Deluxe Control Panel:
The CocoaT deluxe Control Panel is specially designed to precisely monitor and effectively control the chocolate grinding/conching process of ECGC-65 Grindeurs (grinders). The well designed control panel is built with Industry standard parts and U/L certified components in a custom built U/L certified stainless steel cabinet. It eliminates the need for several individual control/monitoring panels to save time and money during installation. The control panel is designed to install at a customer specific configuration.
Basic Control Panel:
The CocoaT basic Control Panel is specially designed to precisely monitor and effectively control the chocolate grinding/conching process of ECGC-65 Grinders. This control panel is built with Industry standard parts with some U/L certified components in an Industry standard powder coated steel cabinet. It eliminates the need for several individual control/monitoring panels to save time and money during installation. The control panel is designed to install at a customer specific configuration.
Special SS wipers are made and are welded so there are no screws or bolts in the food contact area. Food splash zone is modified for cleaning. The stainless steel drum is modified with 1/4” curve at the bottom corner for clean-ability. There are additional modifications done based on the health inspection report we received from one of our customers.
Conching attachment is available for ECGC-65E. After grinding the chocolate liquor, simply remove the roller stone assembly and replace it with conching attachment. Switch on the unit and run it till the conching is done. Conching attachment is made of stainless steel for ease of use and hygiene.
- Easy to remove the roller stone assembly from the drum for cleaning
- Easy to install the roller stones assembly into the drum after cleaning
- Add nibs, sugar and other ingredients to the grinder at constant intervals
- Reduces the grinding time
- Reduces manual labor
- Adds ingredients at the right spot – reduces wear on the Delrin inserts
Additional options for Commercial equipment:
All CocoaTown equipment carries a limited one year warranty against any manufacturing defect, from the date the unit is shipped. Normal wear and tear parts are not covered under manufacturing warranty.
Extended warranty for two additional years is available for $1000 / equipment
We provide installation assistance. Please email us for more details.
Our customers have used the melangers and Grinders for the following:
Grind almond pieces into Marcepan /Marzipan
Grind hazel nut pieces into Gianduja
Grind pistachios pieces into pistachio butter
Grind Cashew pieces into cashew butter
Grind sesame seeds into tahini
Grind boiled chick peas into hummus
Grind flax seeds into paste
Grind Sphagnum moss for facial pack
Grind nuts into nut milks
Grind coconut flakes into coconut butter and coconut milk
Grind corn into masa
How can we help grow your business?
If you are strapped for money but still want to expand here are options.
- If you are located in USA, you can apply for financing through NorthStar.
Please contact North Star if you have any questions. We are not affiliated with Northstar. It is customer's responsibility to deal with Northstar about their terms & conditions for the loan and payment details.
- If you are outside USA, you can apply to be approved by EXIM bank and pay in three installments. Contact us for more details.