CocoaT Melanger ECGC-12SQSS
ECGC-12SQSS melanger is the smaller version of ECGC-65A Grindeur (grinder) with all its features and benefits. It is a granite stone on granite stone grinder to grind cocoa bean nibs to chocolate liquor.
This melanger is an ideal tool for chocolatiers who want to make chocolate from bean to bar or cocoa nibs to cocoa liquor. This mini Grindeur (grinder) is ideal to make chocolate in front of customers.
This mini Grindeur (grinder) has two black granite stone rollers that rotate at 110 -120 rpm on a granite slab in the
stainless steel vessel. Stone on stone grinding produces a smooth cocoa liquor of about 15 micron range
without creating a lot of heat.
The roller stones and wiper are attached to the stainless steel shaft, and the whole roller stone assembly, is removable as one piece. They are easy to clean, handle and store. Tension on the roller stones can be adjusted with tension adjustor mechanism. The conical roller stones serve dual function – conching in addition to grinding. The melanger can also be tilted to remove the cocoa liquor from the stainless steel drum. Locking mechanism keeps the vessel upright for grinding and keeps it horizontal for removing the ground ingredients. The tension adjustor helps release the tension on the stone completely for the conching cycle.
It is ideal for small chocolate businesses or for R&D to develop recipes for big businesses. In addition to grinding cocoa nibs, it can also be used to grind nut butters, tahini, and more. It grinds upto 12 lbs (5.5 lbs) of cocoa nibs+ all the ingredients in a single batch.
We ship these units around the world.
Recent upgrades to ECGC-12SQSS
We have minimized the amount of Delrin (replacing it with Stainless steel parts) in the food contact area. Also we added additional safety features. These are the upgrades we have incorporated:
- SS wiper
- SS center pin – the whole center pin is made in stainless steel as one piece
- Emergency Shut-off Switch
The new price for the upgraded ECGC-12SQSS is US$1500 + S&H.
Price for ECGC-12SQSS with cylindrical roller stone set is US$1400 + S&H.
If you already have ECGC-12SQSS and want to upgrade the unit, you can buy the upgrade kit for US$300 – save money by buying the kit instead of individual parts
- Stainless steel housing – elegant, hygienic
- Light weight – easy to handle
- Compact – takes less than 1.5 sq. ft (0.15 sq. m) of counter space
- Quiet motor
- Gear + belt combination, so no unwanted smell in the chocolate
- Improved ventilation – prevents the motor from overheating even when used for 24 hours
- Detachable grinding vessel – easy to use and clean
- Tilting mechanism – to empty the contents conveniently
- Hard granite roller stones – durable
- conical stones – easy to grow into ECGC-65E
- Roller Stone Assembly – less wastage of precious cocoa
- 304 Stainless steel for food contact areas – Hygienic, safe
- Adjustable tension mechanism – to conch without grinding the ingredients further
- Two stage protection against over current – safe
- 1 year limited warranty – peace of mind
- Spare parts easily available – minimum downtime
- US$1500 + S&H – affordable
- We can ship around the world – Convenience
Our customers have used the melangers and Grindeurs for the following:
- Grind almond pieces into Marcepan /Marzipan
- Grind hazel nut pieces into Gianduja
- Grind pistachios pieces into pistachio butter
- Grind Cashew pieces into cashew butter
- Grind sesame seeds into tahini
- Grind boiled chick peas into hummus
- Grind flax seeds into paste
- Grind Sphagnum moss for facial pack
- Grind quinoa
- Grind nuts into nut milks
- Grind coconut flakes into coconut butter and coconut milk
- Grind corn into masa ……. and more
Call for shipping quote outside of the continental USA