Kit contains following equipment, accessories & spare parts:
- CocoaT Melanger - ECGC-12SL
- Maintenance Kit :
CocoaT Melanger – ECGC-12SL
ECGC-12SL Melanger from CocoaTown was introduced in 2011 as the replacement model for ECGC-12 Chocoate Melanger (introduced in 2006).
We have two variations of melangers now. ECGC-12SL is the deluxe melanger that we have been selling since 2011.
The conical granite roller stones rotate on granite bottom stone of the vessel, crushing the nibs and reducing the particles of sugar and cocoa to 15 micron range fine cocoa liquor. The roller stones and wiper are attached to the stainless steel center shaft, and the whole roller stone assembly is removable as one piece. They are easy to clean, handle and store. The roller stone assembly is locked into the lid for reproducible tension. The conical roller stones serve dual function – conching in addition to grinding. Conical roller stones provide more crushing area for better grinding efficiency. Also crushing does not generate heat and it preserves the nutrients when grinding for nut butters, hummus and other gourmet foods.
Melanger ECGC-12SL is ideal for small chocolate businesses or for R&D to develop recipes for big businesses. In addition to grinding cocoa nibs, it can also be used to grind other gourmet foods as listed below.
- Grinds cocoa nibs to 15 microns for smoother taste
- Conical stones for tahini or nut butters
- Optional Cylindrical stones for nuts with skin
- US$500 + S&H
- Optional accessories available for additional functions:
- Cylindrical stones for nut butters
- Mini drum set to grind 1 -3 cups of nut butters for recipe development, R&D purposes, etc.
- Stainless steel wipers for big drum and mini drum
- Stainless steel lid
- Chocokneader to mix milk powder with chocolate liquor
- Chococleaner for easy removal of chocolate from the roller stones
Our customers have used the melangers and Grindeurs for the following:
- Almond pieces into Marzipan
- Hazel nut pieces into Gianduja
- Pistachios pieces into pistachio butter
- Cashew pieces into cashew butter
- Sesame seeds into tahini
- Boiled chick peas into hummus
- Flax seeds into paste
- Sphagnum moss for facial pack