General Shipping Policy for Entry Level & Professional Level Equipment:
CocoaTown ships the small packages through UPS to the customer’s shipping address.
CocoaTown charges are calculated on DAP (Delivery At Place) basis. For all international shipments, any local taxes, fees, duties etc.. imposed by the local governments or agencies are extra and customer pays them directly to the appropriate parties.
Customers should verify their shipping address before completing the order. If the customer provides incorrect contact information and/or shipping information, CocoaTown will do everything in good faith to resolve and redirect the goods to the correct address. However, CocoaTown will not be responsible for the delays in delivery time, additional costs to redeliver to the correct address, damage or loss of the merchandise because of delivery to the wrong address. Customer agrees to reimburse CocoaTown for any additional charges billed by the shipping company.
Customers should report external damages on delivery receipt at the time of delivery. Internal damages if any must be reported within 5 days of delivery.
Seller is not responsible for delays on account of carrier delays or reasons beyond seller’s control.
OPEN & INSPECT YOUR MERCHANDISE IMMEDIATELY UPON ARRIVAL. Any concealed damages to the product must be reported to CocoaTown and the shipping company within 5 days of receiving the shipment. If the shipping damage is not reported on time, the shipping carrier will deny the insurance claim and the customer will be responsible for the repair charges.
Customers provide photographs of the damages to both the exterior and interior packaging/product to cover the shipping damages under insurance. Keep all packaging materials intact, in case the insurance company/shipping company chooses to inspect. CocoaTown will not be responsible for failure to adhere to the above requirements.
Defect on Arrival (DoA) can only be covered if the shipping damage is notified within 5 working days from the date of delivery.
Warranty coverage does not cover the shipping damages.
For Commercial level equipment:
Commercial equipment are shipped as LTL shipment on a pallet.
If the customer changes shipping address or any other shipping information, after CocoaTown creates shipping documents, shipping company charges additional fees. Customer agrees to reimburse CocoaTown for the same.
CocoaTown is not responsible for delays on account of carrier delays or reasons beyond seller’s control.
Report external damages on delivery receipt at the time of delivery. Please be sure the driver makes note of the damages. If the shipping damage is not noted on the delivery receipt, the shipping company will not honor the damage claim.
OPEN & INSPECT THE EQUIPMENT IMMEDIATELY UPON ARRIVAL. Any concealed damages to the product must be reported to CocoaTown and the shipping company within 5 days of receiving the shipment. If the shipping damage is not reported on time, the shipping carrier will deny the insurance claim and the customer will be responsible for the repair charges.
Take photographs of the damages to both the exterior and interior packaging/product to cover the damage under shipping insurance. Keep all the packaging material intact, in case the insurance company/shipping company chooses to inspect. CocoaTown will not be responsible for failure to adhere to the above requirements.
- Defect on Arrival (DoA) can only be covered if the shipping damage is notified within 5 working days from the date of delivery.
- The customer is responsible for reporting any and all shipping related damages to CocoaTown and the shipping company within 5 days of receiving the shipment in the international seaport / airport. CocoaTown is not responsible for any damage that occurs from the port to the final destination.
- Any hidden damages found should be promptly communicated to the shipping company as well as CocoaTown within 5 working days of the delivery.
- Warranty does not cover the shipping damages.
For shipments outside North America, international delivery is only up to the international sea port or airport in or around the destination country.
If the customer makes any changes to the shipping address or any other shipping information, after CocoaTown creates shipping documents, customer agrees to pay CocoaTown the additional fees charged by the shipping company.
- The customer follows up with their customs agent to track and clear the shipment.
- Customer clears the shipment using their own customs agent.
- Customer(buyer) is responsible for paying the additional costs such as duties, taxes, and customs clearance fees etc. to the appropriate agencies directly.
- For international orders, customer arranges for transportation from the port to the final destination
- The customer will let us know at the time of order which documents are needed from CocoaTown, for importing into their country. CocoaTown is not responsible for any delays, fees or otherwise related to import policies of the receiving country.
Delivery within USA, Canada or Mexico:
Shipments are sent as LTL shipment to the customer’s address.
If the customer is not available on the delivery date or reschedules the delivery for any reason, there is $175 rescheduling fees and the customer is responsible to pay CocoaTown.
The shipping company delivers the pallet to the loading dock in customer’s location. If the customer’s location does not have a loading dock, there will be additional charges for the lift gate truck to deliver it on the driveway.
There is a surcharge for inside delivery. The shipping company does not deliver to limited access places such as up a flight of stairs, etc.
Use a forklift or pallet jack to move the pallet(s) inside.
Additional terms for Shipments to Mexico:
Depending on the destination in Mexico, the shipping company may deliver to the final address or to their warehouse in the closest possible area. Please contact us for more details.
Receiving the shipment:
- Use a forklift or pallet jack to move the pallets.
- Use care when lifting individual boxes.
- Upon opening the unit, check for any external damages.
- Make sure the electrical connections are intact.
- Any hidden damages found should be promptly communicated to cocoatown.com within 5 working days of the delivery.
If no external damage is found, connect the unit to appropriately rated outlet and turn the switch on. You should hear a smooth motor running sound (just a humming sound) – no scratching sound.
CAUTION !! Do not use the unit if there is unusual sound while running the unit.
Damage caused by using the unit with unusual noise is not covered by shipping company or by the manufacturer. Customer pays for the additional damage caused by using the unit damaged in transit.
Please note the following points:
Responsibility of CocoaTown
- Sends preshipment video of the commercial equipment to show that the machines leave in good working order
- Ships on CIF (cost, insurance, freight) term up to the seaport / airport
- Arranges with the shipping company to deliver the pallets to the nearest International airport/seaport the shipping company services to.
- Sends HWAB and other documents to the customer as agreed at the time of order
- If the customer needs more information or documents, additional charges apply
Responsibility of the Customer:
- Work with their customs agent and find out what documents are needed for the shipment
- Communicate the list of documents needed to CocoaTown before the shipment leaves CocoaTown warehouse
- Customer clears the customs using their customs broker
- Customer pays customs duties and taxes + processing fees, if any, to the appropriate agencies directly
- Arrange for the local transportation from the delivery port to the final destination
- Insure the shipment for local transit
- Communicate to CocoaTown if the local transit company finds any damage when they pick up the pallet from the port.
- Shipping damages have to be reported to the shipping company and CocoaTown within 5 days of delivery
- Email the copy of the pick up ticket and pictures ASAP to CocoaTown
- If no external damage is found, open the package(s) as quickly as possible and thoroughly inspect the equipment for any shipping damages. Shipping damages resulting from local transit company handling has to be communicated to them.
- Do not throw away shipping boxes/materials if there is any damage. Keep them till the shipping company completes the investigation.
- Contact the local transit company if there is damage to the pallet that was not reported on the pickup ticket
- These commodities, technologies were sold/ exported from the USA in accordance with the export administration regulations. Diversion contrary to U.S. laws is prohibited.
Responsibility of the Local Transit Company:
- Check the pallet for any shipping damage before picking it up from the port
- If there is a damage to the pallet notify it on the pickup ticket
- Take pictures of the pallet before opening them, showing the damaged area(s)
- Communicate to the customer about the damage and in turn to CocoaTown
- Responsible for any damages that occur during local transit