Kit contains following equipment, accessories & spare parts:
- CocoaT Melanger - ECGC-12SLTA
Maintenance Kit :
CocoaT Melanger – ECGC-12SLTA
We have two variations of melangers now. ECGC-12SL is the deluxe melanger that we have been selling since 2011. We have added the tension adjustor mechanism to this unit (to replicate the functionality of the ECGC-65A Grindeur), for this unit and sell it as ECGC-12SLTA. One can completely release the tension from the stones for the conching cycle so the cocoa liquor is continuously exposed to air without grinding it further.
Deluxe Melanger ECGC-12SLTA is the latest version of the Deluxe melanger with additional options for the chocolatier to fine tune the grinding process. ECGC-12SLTA is a “granite stone on granite stone” grinder to grind cocoa bean nibs to chocolate liquor. Melanger is an ideal tool for chocolatiers who want to make chocolate liquor from cocoa bean or cocoa nibs. The melanger has specially designed ventilation system and helps to grind cocoa nibs for 24 hours or more.
The conical stones rotate on granite bottom stone of the vessel, crushing the nibs and reducing the particles of sugar and cocoa about 15 micron range fine cocoa liquor.
The roller stones and wiper are attached to the stainless steel center shaft, and the whole roller stone assembly, is removable as one piece. They are easy to clean, handle and store. The roller stone assembly is locked into the lid for reproducible tension. The conical roller stones serve dual function – conching in addition to grinding.
The Tension Adjustor accessory on the lock arm helps to conch the chocolate liquor in later part of the processing using the same unit. Release the tension while adding the ingredients or conching.
Deluxe Melanger is ideal for small chocolate businesses or for R&D to develop recipes for big businesses. In addition to grinding cocoa nibs, deluxe melanger can also be used to grind tahini from sesame seeds, nut butters from almonds, macadamia, pistachios and more. It grinds 6-8 lbs of cocoa nibs to produce 10 lbs of chocolate liquor (cocoa nibs, sugar and other ingredients together) in a single batch.
- Light weight – easy to handle
- Compact – takes less than 1.5 sq. ft (0.15 sq. m)of counter space
- Quiet motor
- Improved ventilation – long lasting motor
- Detachable grinding vessel – easy to use and clean
- Hard granite roller stones – durable
- Conical stones – to grind & conch cocoa beans
- Roller Stone Assembly – less wastage of cocoa
- Locking mechanism – reproducible tension
- 1 year limited warranty – peace of mind
- Spare parts easily available – minimum downtime
- US$600 + S&H – affordable
- Shipped around the world – Convenience
Our customers have used the melangers and Grindeurs for the following:
- Almond pieces into Marzipan
- Hazel nut pieces into Gianduja
- Pistachios pieces into pistachio butter
- Cashew pieces into cashew butter
- Sesame seeds into tahini
- Boiled chick peas into hummus
- Flax seeds into paste
- Sphagnum moss for facial pack
Note: 220V ECGC-12SLTA Melanger comes with a D type plug. Please use an adapter for the local plug type