Introducing the CocoaTown ECGC-65E Grindeur (Grinder)
CocoaTown ECGC-65E is the latest model grindeur (grinder) optimally designed to grind cocoa nibs into chocolate liquor or nuts into nut butters. This is the latest version of ECGC-65A with lot of upgrades based on the feedback from chocolate makers around the world and lot of the chocolate makers who used ECGC-65A have won International awards for their chocolates.
The ECGC-65E can grind up to 65 lbs (30 kgs) of cocoa nibs and produce up to 100lbs (45 kgs) of finished product per batch. Two granite roller stones rotate on a bottom granite stone to grind the nibs the way European melangers did. Slow grinding the nibs preserves the nutritional value of the ingredients.
ECGC-65E chocolate grinder (grinder) is constructed with high quality stainless steel for easy care and maintenance. Food contact materials are fabricated with 304 grade stainless steel. The machine can be easily tilted to drain the product from the grinding vessel and to clean the drum after use.
- Can grind 65 lbs (30 kgs) of nibs to yield upto 100 lbs (45 kgs) of chocolate liquor per batch. Available in 220V single phase or three phase options.
- Stone on stone grinding results in 15 micron size chocolate liquor
- Tension gauge for consistent grinding from batch to batch
- Quiet in operation
- Easy cleaning and pouring of chocolate liquor
- Can also grind 50 lbs (23 kgs) of nut pieces into nut butters
- Control panel with single phase or three phase 220V input
- Track usage of machine time for scheduling maintenance
- Less than 9 sq. ft. (0.836 sq. m.) footprint
- US$9700 + S&H including basic control panel – U/L certified components in industry standard, powder coated steel cabinet
- US$10500 + S&H including U/L certified components in U/L certified Stainless steel cabinet
US bought motor:
U/L listed motor and upgrade all other electrical components to U/L or CE listed parts.
Pressure gauge is mounted on the lock arm and constantly measures the pressure on the grinding stone. The pressure on the stones can be adjusted and continuously monitored so that the stones exert same pressure from batch to batch. Also the pressure can be released when adding the nibs or during the conching.
Stainless steel wipers (SS wipers) included.
Stainless steel lid is included.
Best belts in the market. Long lasting. No stretching. No smell.
Improvements made for chocolate grinding:
1. Motor mounting plate –easy to adjust the belt tension
2. Pressure gauge – consistent grinding for all batches
3. Upgraded gear box –longer life
4. US bought, high quality motor –continuous operation
5. Wider drum – better grinding and conching
6. Single piece, solid roller holder – easy to clean and maintain
7. Tension spring on lock arm - isolated from food contact area
8. High quality stainless steel components –Hygiene
9. Shorter machine height – easy to load the contents into the drum
10. Multipurpose equipment –for nut butters, coconut butter, coconut milk, nut milks, tahini, & more
Call for shipping quote outside of USA
How to order
Since this product is assembled per customer needs, you can not order online at this time. We require additional information, especially if you live outside USA, to complete the purchase. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a price quote, shipping quote, and/or order form
Alternatively, go to the link for online Price quote request form. Once we receive the form back from you, we will send you the quote within 48 hours.
How can we help grow your business?
If you are strapped for money but still want to expand here are options.
- If you are located in USA, you can apply for financing through NorthStar.
Please contact North Star if you have any questions. We are not affiliated with Northstar. It is customer's responsibility to deal with Northstar about their terms & conditions for the loan and payment details.
- If you are outside USA, you can apply to be approved by EXIM bank and pay in three installments. Contact us for more details.
Additional options for Commercial equipment:
All CocoaTown equipment carries a limited one year warranty against any manufacturing defect, from the date the unit is shipped. Normal wear and tear parts are not covered under manufacturing warranty.
Extended warranty for two additional years is available for $1000 / equipment
We provide installation assistance. Please email us for more details.
Please email us for more details.
Our customers have used the melangers and Grindeurs for the following:
Grind almond pieces into Marcepan /Marzipan
Grind hazel nut pieces into Gianduja
Grind pistachios pieces into pistachio butter
Grind Cashew pieces into cashew butter
Grind sesame seeds into tahini
Grind boiled chick peas into hummus
Grind flax seeds into paste
Grind Sphagnum moss for facial pack
Grind nuts into nut milks
Grind coconut flakes into coconut butter and coconut milk
Grind corn into masa